This easy Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken skillet meal comes together in less than half an hour. Filled with rich flavors and made in one pan, this simple recipe is sure to be your new fave. And the creamy honey mustard sauce is amazing on rice, potatoes, and roasted veggies, too!
Honey Mustard Chicken
One of Lavender & Macarons most well loved recipes is Mustard Chicken and this Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken skillet meal was inspired by it.
Super easy, flavorful and delicious, this will become your “go-to” busy weeknight meal.
How To Make An Easy Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet Meal
Making this creamy honey mustard chicken couldn’t be any simpler. All you do is make your chicken breasts into cutlets (you can use wings or thighs, if you’d prefer), toss them in the honey mustard chicken marinade, and cook them in the skillet.
Then you make the honey mustard sauce, cook them a bit more, and serve up your chicken with rice, potatoes, or roasted veggies…all of which will be mouth-watering when drizzled with the creamy sauce you’re about to make!
Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade
To make your creamy honey mustard marinade, combine Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper together in a large zippered bag. Add your chicken cutlets and toss them in the sauce to coat well.
This simple marinade will make a moist, flavorful chicken that tastes amazing. Once your chicken is coated well, cook it in a buttered skillet over medium high heat, until your chicken is golden brown. This will take 7-8 minutes on each side.
Honey Mustard Sauce
The crowning glory of this easy skillet meal is the creamy honey mustard sauce. That’s what gives this simple weeknight dinner a gourmet flavor that whispers of time and effort slaving over a stove. And yet, it takes only minutes.
Once your chicken is browned on both sides, pull it ff and onto a plate. Keep your skillet over heat and add in the chicken broth, spices, Creme Fraiche, some salt, the remainder of your honey mustard mix, and some corn starch already mixed into chicken broth.
Make certain you scrape the brown bits off the bottom of your skillet, as they add tremendous flavor to the dish.
Once everything is mixed well, add your chicken back in and let it cook for a bit more. You want to make certain your meat is 165 F internally and give your sauce time to thicken, as well. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and you’re ready to roll!
Serving Up The Best Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner
As soon as you take your first bite, you’ll be convinced this is the easiest and best creamy honey mustard chicken you’ve ever had!
Pair it with your favorite side dish or try something new like creamy mashed potatoes with Creme Fraiche. This chicken also goes well with white rice, pan seared vegetables, or anything else you can imagine.
Plus, drizzle some of the creamy honey mustard sauce over them to make it extra delectable!
More Chicken Comfort Food Recipes
If you make this Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken, take a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons.
Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Place chicken breast on a cutting board and holding it flat with a palm of one hand, slice it horizontally into two pieces . You will have 4 chicken cutlets.
- Combine honey, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a large zipper bag. Place chicken in a zipper bag, seal it and toss to coat chicken in a honey-mustard mixture.
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick pan and over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until nice and brown. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- In a small bowl, dissolve corn starch in 3 tablespoon of chicken broth.
- To the same pan add the remaining chicken broth, thyme, Crème Fraîche, corn starch mixture, the remaining honey-mustard mixture and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Give everything a stir scraping the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken back to the pan and cook for a few more minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 F and sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!