This Easy Fruit Loaf is a simple and quick dessert recipe filled with juicy dried fruit and nuts. It's flavorful, healthy and perfect for any occasion.
As for myself, I can't imagine any holiday without a good dessert, that finishes a hearty and delectable meal.
When your festive tables are groaning with food, and holiday drinks are nicely spicing up the party, wouldn't it be great for an easy and healthy dessert to wrap up the memorable night?
For this occasion, I've got an awesome treat idea - Easy Fruit Cake recipe.
What's not to love about this scrumptious dessert? The process of making this awesome holiday treat should not take more than 10 minutes.
Just combine the ingredients and the oven will do the rest of the work.
For my filling, I chose dried fruits with different textures and taste: raising, Turkish apricots, figs, cherries and prunes.
I also used walnuts, but any type of your favorite nuts will do.
This quick tea loaf is definitely a guilt-free pleasure. Something, that we all need during the holiday season.
It's crunchy, sweet and full of appetizing flavors.
This basic tea loaf is made with simple pantry ingredients. Here's a full list:
- dried fruits - you can use any dried fruits that you have: raisins, dried figs, dried apricots will all work here
- nuts - Pecans or walnuts are my top choices
- butter - for moisture
- orange zest - for citrusy flavor
- baking powder - to help our loaf rise
- sugar - we're using just a bit of brown sugar. Feel free to substitute with coconut sugar
- powdered sugar - for sprinkling
- eggs - for binding
Whatever the occasion is and you decide to make this easy fruit bread, I guarantee, your family and guests would absolutely enjoy this sweet treat after the main meal.
🍰 Similar Recipes
Easy Fruit Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 355 F.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and add melted butter and orange zest.
- Chop up apricots, prunes and figs into 4-6 pieces each.
- Add dried fruits and nuts to a bowl with eggs. Also add flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a covered with parchment paper loaf pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 45 min.
- If the top of the cake starts to brown too fast, cover it with a parchment paper.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Iryna Bychkiv is the founder and writer of the culinary website Lavender & Macarons, where she shares clean, European-inspired recipes that are delicious, easy to prepare, and made with wholesome ingredients. Iryna loves creating meals that are simple yet healthy and unique, including vegan and vegetarian recipes.
Iryna is also a freelance writer for MSN and Associated Press Wire.