These Easy Brussels Sprouts are healthy, delicious and take little time to prepare. Roasted until tender and crispy and drizzled over with a tangy and sweet honey balsamic vinaigrette. This recipe will quickly become your favorite!
Easy Brussels Sprouts With Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Roasted Brussels Sprouts is one of the standby dishes on any holiday table. And no wonder. It's so easy to make, it's hearty and flavorful. Plus, these leafy green vegetables are chock full of important nutrients. What's not to love?
I've been looking for an easy roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe for awhile. More importantly, I wanted to make this dish as healthy as possible. And believe me, it is possible to make it unhealthy. If you want to get the most vitamins out of those sprouts, it's important not to overcook and/or overload them with heavy toppings.
Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that have quite strong taste. If you've never tried them before, you might have a mixed feeling whether you like them or not. It actually took me some time to fall in love with Brussel sprouts and start making them on a regular basis.
If you follow my Easy Brussels Sprouts Recipe, you'll just like me fall in love with this vegetable and the recipe will become your favorite healthy side dish.
I have to tell you, I had a hard time keeping my hands off the final dish while I was taking photos for this post. Brussels Sprouts came out so yummy. Cooked until just nice and tender and then topped with honey-balsamic vinaigrette, sprinkled with some Feta and pine nuts. Sounds good? It sure tasted good.
My husband is a huge fan of these vegetables too, so whenever my Easy Brussels Sprouts are on the dinner menu, they tend not to stay on the plate too long. Everyone wants to get the biggest bite.
- 1 ½ lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- ¾ c crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, remove any outer yellow leaves and cut off brown ends. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender, giving a pan an occasional shake every 10 minutes.
- In a separate small baking dish, toast the pine nuts for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, vinegar and honey.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven, transfer into a large serving bowl and drizzle over with the vinaigrette. Top with Feta cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve immediately.
Maria @ kitchenathoskins says
I love brussel sprouts, but somehow my husband and kids haven't made their fav yet. This recipe looks interesting with balsamic and feta. Sure, its delicious!
Thank you Maria! Indeed, Brussels Sprouts have very specific taste, but I feel like by roasting them and adding a little vinaigrette, you can transform them into a really tasty side dish:)
These Brussels look so tasty I might give them a go - thank you for stopping by Pin worthy Wednesday 🙂