Can I just say that brownie is my absolute favorite American dessert?
I'm a real chocolate addict and if you give me a dessert made with this ooey gooey cocoa goodness, I'll be your friend forever.
It is quite paradoxical, but I rarely make brownies. I like to explore new recipes, but if I dine out and brownie is on the dessert menu, I make sure to get one.
Today, I wanted to share you one of my favorite variations of this dessert - easy brownie recipe with mascarpone swirl.
The first time I tried brownie with mascarpone was back in Ukraine. My mom would occasionally make it and I would wholeheartedly eat it. I always enjoyed this little crispy bite on the outside and moist and fluffiness on the inside.
And regardless of your lever of culinary art, it's really hard to spoil the recipe. The ingredients are simple so is the preparation process.
I decided to add a mascarpone cheese to this easy brownie recipe, because mascarpone has a very rich taste and any dessert will only benefit from having it as one of the ingredients.
So, are you ready to fall madly in love with this sweet and comforting treat? Then, keep reading:)
- Preheat the oven to 355 F.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir from time to time until the mixture is melted. Remove from the heat, add sugar, flour and baking powder and mix the ingredients to bring everything together.
- Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the lined baking pan.
- In a separete medium bowl, whisk the mascarpone with the egg, vanilla extract and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar. Evenly spread the mascarpone mixture on top of the brownie batter and cover with the remaining batter. Carefully swirl the mixture a few times using a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting.