This Eggplant Zucchini Red Curry with tofu and coconut milk is an easy vegan recipe perfect for meal prep or busy weeknights. Simple and flavorful.
Also try my my Butternut Squash Curry.
The more I cook with Thai Curry Paste, the more I realised how easily it compliments any dish. This Eggplant Red Curry is not an exception.
Bite size pieces of eggplants, zucchini and tofu are seared till it’s soft and crispy and then simmered in the aromatic Red Curry paste infused coconut sauce.
Simple, yet hearty and comforting dish that I really enjoyed having for dinner few days in a row.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s ready in just 30 minutes and great for busy weeknights. You can enjoy this curry as it is or serve it over steamed rice, pasta or noodles.
This vegan curry recipe is great because you can use any vegetables that you have at home.
- eggplant – if you can, use Japanese eggplant since it has softer skin. If you have large eggplant you may peel it if you wish but generally it’s not necessary;
- zucchini – pairs really well eggplant
- tofu – choose extra-firm tofu, because there’s less chance it will turn into a mush during cooking:)
- oil – coconut oil or olive oil
- onion – regular yellow onion is fine. You can also use shallots
- red curry paste – I like this brand
- coconut milk – I generally prefer using light coconut milk for less fat, but if you want a richer taste of your curry, go with a full fat coconut milk
- cilantro – for serving
The beauty of this recipe is that it can be made with any vegetables you have in your refrigerator.
Have cauliflower or broccoli? Feel free to add them too.
No tofu? That’s fine. Veggies that are stewed in coconut milk are still delicious, hearty and flavorful.
⏲️ Similar Recipes
Eggplant Zucchini Red Curry
- 5 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu patted dry and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 medium onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 zucchini cut lengthwise and then into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat or light coconut milk
- ¼ c cilantro chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick pan. Add tofu and cook on a medium heat until nice and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add the remaining 3 tbsp of oil to a pan along with onion, zucchini, eggplant and cook on a medium-high heat for 7-10 stirring occasionally until eggplant is brown and soft. (Add more oil if needed)
- Add curry paste and stir for 1 minute. Return tofu back into the pan, add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Season with salt, remove from the heat and add cilantro.
- Serve eggplant curry over steamed rice or pasta.