Got a puff pastry sheet? Here’s a simple yet a no-fail recipe for the delectable strawberry tarts that can be pulled together in no time.
Strawberry Tarts With Ricotta Cheese
Hi everyone! How is the warm weather treating you? Here’s the thing. I love simple cooking, especially a type when I have all the ingredients available without a trip to the grocery store.
Today, I want to share with you a dessert recipe that basically can be made with the leftovers of everything sweet and delicious you have in your fridge. And I’m sure you have such items, right?:)
On a warm sunny day, I had a sweet tooth. I happened to have a sheet of puff pastry in my freezer, so I knew I had to make something with it. Looked down in my fridge and found some leftovers of ricotta cheese that I used for my freezer meals and fresh strawberries. All 3 ingredients pair perfectly together and I had no doubt that a dessert I had in mind would be drool-worthy.
Speaking of simple puff pastry bakes, did you try my Croissants with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese? These are scrumptious.
- 14 oz puff pastry, thawed
- 5 oz low-fat ricotta cheese
- 10 oz fresh strawberries, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of strawberry preserve
- 4 pieces of milk or dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut puff pastry into six even squares and place them on a parchment lined baking dish. Prick each square all over with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Spread about a tablespoon of ricotta mixture onto each tart leaving ½ inch border.
- Spread each tart with a tablespoon of strawberry preserve.
- Top each square with sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges of the tarts are golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate right before serving.
I hope you’ll enjoy these easy Strawberry Tarts and leave me a comment in a comment section below.