As for myself, I can’t imagine any holiday, without a good dessert, that finishes a hearty and delectable meal. When your festive and creatively organized tables are groaning with food, and drinks are nicely spicing up the party, wouldn’t it be great for an easy and healthy dessert to wrap up the memorable night? For this occasion, I’ve got an awesome treat idea – Easy Fruit Cake recipe.
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
And what’s not to love about this scrumptious dessert? The process of making this awesome holiday treat should not take more than 10 minutes. Just throw the ingredients together and the oven will do the rest of the work.
For my filling, I chose dried fruits with different textures and taste: raising, Turkish apricots, figs, cherries and prunes. I also took walnuts, but any type of your favorite nuts will do. These lovely ingredients create a perfect combo of tastes that you literally can’t stop eating, yet supplying us with the necessary vitamins and antioxidants.
I have to tell you, this light fruit cake turned out everything I expected from these simple and widely available ingredients – crunchy, sweet, tangy and full of appetizing flavors.
Slightly puffed up with a tad of flour and baking powder and filled with the crunchy nuts and sweet and chewy mix of dried fruits, this healthy and Easy Fruit Cake recipe is sure to take its place in your cook book.
Whatever the occasion is that you decide to make this recipe for, be sure, your family and guests would doubtlessly enjoy this sweet treat after the main meal.
- 1 cup of dried fruits and nuts (raisins, apricots, prunes, cherries, figs, walnuts)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Confectioners sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 355 F.
- Chop up apricots, prunes and figs into 4-6 pieces each. Combine with other dried fruits and nuts.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, lightly whisk them and add dried fruit mix. Stir in melted butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and orange zest. Mix well.
- In a covered with parchment paper loaf pan, spoon the batter, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 45 min.
- If the top of the cake starts to brown too fast, cover it with a parchment paper.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.