This rich Curried Cauliflower Tomato Soup is packed with comforting flavors and good for you ingredients. It's easy to make, naturally vegan, paleo and gluten-free and is sure to warm you up from the inside out.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
After becoming vegan, I rediscovered Curry powder. I mean, I've always loved it, but a small jar of it that I purchased back in 2013 lasted me for 5 years!!!
I don't even know if you could store spices for that long, but with the speed that I was using it, there's no way I could finish up the whole thing any faster.
Since, most of my cooking these days revolves around vegetables and making them as delicious as possible, I started using Curry powder much more often and in much bigger amount.
Instead of previous ½ teaspoon of Curry powder per recipe, now I don't shy away from using a tablespoon or more of the spice.
Its bright and recognisable flavor instantly elevates the taste of any dish.
Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup
In vegan cooking, Curry powder turns otherwise boring vegetables into a flavorful fiesta and my Coconut Curried Cauliflower Soup is a proof.
And don't get me wrong, I adore cauliflower and spinach, but I think they taste even better when paired with a little bit of curry powder and coconut milk.
Cauliflower Coconut Soup
There are so many reasons why you will LOVE this Curried Cauliflower Tomato Soup:
- it features lots of vegetables, which means you'll get Fiber and other micronutrients
- it's gluten-free, vegan and paleo
- it's really healthy
- so flavorful and delicious, even picky eaters will like it
In this recipe, I went easy on the Coconut Milk as I wanted to keep this soup relatively low fat.
I used light Coconut Milk, but you're welcome to use full fat or whichever plant milk you have on hands. Oftentimes, in my recipes I use a combo of coconut milk and almond milk which still gives the necessary creaminess but also cuts the calories.
My Cauliflower Rice Soup is so easy to make and you can prepare the cauliflower rice ahead of time.
In addition, if you use 1 large cauliflower head, you'll have enough cauliflower rice to use in the soup and also you'll have a few extra cups of it for your weekly meal prep.
Can I make this Vegan Cauliflower Curry Soup Keto-friendly?
Absolutely! If you follow Low Carb or Ketogenic diet, simply substitute the potatoes with an additional 1 ½ cups of cauliflower rice (you'll have enough rice from 1 big head of cauliflower) and skip the carrots.
In addition, you might want to use full fat Coconut Milk and increase the amount to 1 cup.
How long can I store Curried Cauliflower Rice Soup?
This soup will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate it. I always appreciate the feedback. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Curried Cauliflower Tomato Soup
For Cauliflower Rice
To make Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with turmeric, nutmeg, curry powder, salt and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Working in batches, add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until a cauliflower resembles rice.
To make Curried Cauliflower Soup
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add onion, carrot and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and vegetables are flavorful, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add in potatoes, cauliflower rice, crushed tomatoes, broth, the remaining ¾ teaspoon of salt, pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Stir in spinach and cook until it wilts, about 1 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and remove soup from the heat. Serve immediately.