This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsCheese #CollectiveBias
Crostini With Whipped Cream Cheese And Kalamata Olive Tapenade
Healthy whole grain baguette is toasted until crispy, rubbed with aromatic garlic and topped with mouthwatering and sophisticated combo of whipped cream cheese and Kalamata olive tapenade. Who can refuse such a yummy treat?
If you're a regular reader of my blog, you know that I love simple appetizers. Take this Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. It's always a hit in my house.
Anyways, a little over a month ago I gave birth to our second daughter. Naturally, 9 months of pregnancy comes with gaining some extra pounds.
Recently, I've been on the lookout for the healthier versions of my favourite recipes. The recipes that are less fattening and have fewer calories than their indulgent versions.
One product that is very difficult for me to say "no" to is cheese. I'm such a cheese lover. If you've seen my recipes, you know that almost all of them have some kind of cheese as one of the ingredients.
Unfortunately, cheese can be quite calorie-dense. But, luckily, I found a great turnaround. It's a reduced fat cheese.
Recently, I've made a super delicious and quick appetizer - Crostini with Whipped Cream Cheese and Kalamata Olive Tapenade.
If you're a member of Weight Watchers program, you'll be excited to know that now Weight Watchers makes cream cheese. So, while I was shopping at Kroger for my crostini ingredients, I picked up a pack of Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese. What excites me - is that this cheese is all natural and tastes just as good as the original full fat cream cheese, but with fewer calories. So you can enjoy it by adding to your favourite dishes, guilt-free.
These crostini are absolutely scrumptious. The first time I made them, I ate 3 or 4 in one sitting. And I have no guilt, because this recipe doesn't have lots of calories and helps me stay on track with my health.
If you're having a barbecue or party, be sure, this appetizer will be the first to go. I always try to make a good batch of crostinis so that everyone could enjoy in abundance.
- 8 1⁄4-inch-thick baguette slices (about ¾ loaf of whole wheat demi baguette)
- ¼ cup Weight Watchers Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 3 oil-cured anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + about 3 tablespoons more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preaheat the oven to 450 F.
- Brush each beaguette slice with olive oil and toast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, let it slightly cool and rub with 1 clove of garlic.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, combine olives, capers, anchovies, lemon juice, parsley, 1 clove of garlic and 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
- Spread each baguette slice with a layer of Weight Watchers whipped cream cheese spread and top with about a tablespoon of the Kalamata olive tapenade.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
I hope you will enjoy this easy Crostini recipe as much as I did. And what are some of your tips to make healthier choices this summer?