This Easy and Creamy Salmon Pasta features quickly seared salmon tossed in a creamy smoky sauce along with your favorite pasta. This hearty and satisfying dish is loaded with flavor and comes together in no time.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
Salmon pasta is one of those dishes that is literally a fool-proof option for no-fuss dinner. It's quick and easy to make, loaded with flavor and always tastes delicious.
I'm sure you've already tried a few salmon pastas in your life. Whether they were good or amazing, I wanted to show my version of this simple yet classic comfort meal.
Easy Salmon Pasta and Capers
I think smoked paprika worked really well in this pasta dish and added a touch of smoky flavor without using an actual smoked salmon.
Capers are another favorite thing of mine. In this recipe they are essential for 2 reasons:
- capers are acidic and help to cut through the heaviness of the sauce
- they provide an additional texture and a boost of flavor
Personally, I always have a jar of capers in my fridge and love using capers in a lot of savory dishes. I think they make a recipe more interesting.
Best Fettuccine With Salmon
Last but not least, this best Fettuccine With Salmon is ready to be served in just 30 minutes or less.
Perfect for busy weeknights when you just don't feel like spending your entire evening in the kitchen.
Can I make this pasta recipe with leftover salmon?
Make your pasta, make a sauce, throw your leftover salmon in a sauce to simmer for 5 minutes, combine pasta with a sauce and it's ready to be devoured.
What to serve this creamy Pasta dish?
This Salmon Pasta is quite hearty, so I recommend serving this recipe with a simple vegetable side dish.
- Vegan Cauliflower And Cucumber Salad
- Baked Zucchini With Tomatoes And Mozzarella
- Roasted Green Beans And Cherry Tomatoes
- 15-minute Sautéed Green Beans
Easy Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook 10 minutes or until ready. After pasta is soft or al dente if you like, drain pasta reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick pan and over medium heat.
- Add salmon and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer salmon on a paper towel.
- In the same pan melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, add flour and whisk until paste cooks and bubbles for 1 minute. Add white wine and simmer until reduced by half, 3 minutes
- Add half and half, smoked paprika, capers, salt and pepper and heat until bubbles. Add salmon back into the pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to a pan with salmon and the sauce, and mix everything well. If needed, add ¼ cup of pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce. Otherwise, divide creamy salmon pasta among the serving bowls, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!