Vibrant, healthy and delicious Creamy Cauliflower Salad With Cucumber And Corn is going to be on repeat this summer. So easy to make. You'll love the creamy and herby sauce. The best part - it's mayo and oil-free.
Healthy Cauliflower Salad Recipe
You guys, I'm so excited about this recipe. It's probably my new favorite thing lately, because:
- cauliflower - hello good for you cruciferous vegetable;
- radishes and cucumber - more crunchy and healthy stuff everyone loves;
- creamy Tzatziki sauce that is healthier than ever;
- best part - no oil or mayo used, which makes this salad low fat and super delicious.
I'll share with you two ways how to prepare cauliflower for salad.
Method #1. Roasting low and slow.
Well, not particularly slow, but you'll only need 20 or 25 minutes to get cauliflower to the right lever of crunch. But you have to keep the temperature on the lower side, 350 F I would say, to keep it from drying out.
When roasting cauliflower you can use olive oil if you want, but lately, my new favorite way to roast veggies has been to simply drizzle them with lemon juice. Just cut the cauliflower into small even size florets, place in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and pop into the oven.
When you cook cauliflower according to this method, you'll end up with perfectly crunchy and lemony- flavored florets. So delicious!
Method #2. Boling.
This is the fastest method and you'll only need about 10 minutes.
Again, cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in a pot with salted boiling water. Cook for 3-5 minutes and drain.
Although second method yields faster results, I personally love roasted cauliflower with lemony flavor. It compliments the sauce and adds even more freshness to the salad.
Simple and easy Cauliflower salad is all about that creamy, crunchy and delicious bite without unnecessary calories, which means you can have the whole thing to yourself:)
This healthy salad features familiar fresh ingredients like cauliflower, radishes, corn and cucumber, but also some unexpected ones, like Cashew Yogurt.
Lately, I've been obsessed with it and along with simply having it for breakfast, I love incorporating it into the variety of dressings.
Note: If you're not a fan of dairy-free yogurts, you can certainly use classic Greek Yogurt and you won't even feel the difference.
This beautiful salad keeps well in a fridge, so you could make it in the morning and take with you on a picnic a few hours later.
More Summer Salad Ideas to try
- Marinated Zucchini Salad - delicious and healthy no-cook salad perfect for any occasion;
- Beet Salad with Yogurt Dressing - Ukrainian style salad with lots of flavor;
- Watermelon Salad with Goat Cheese - so easy to put together and so good;
- Beets with Goat Cheese and Arugula - another delicious salad featuring beets.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I love seeing your creations.
Creamy Cauliflower Salad With Cucumbers And Corn
- 2 ½ c cauliflower head cut into small florets
- 1 c radishes thinly sliced
- 1 c cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 c frozen corn
- 5 oz Cashew yogurt* See the notes
- 2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic pushed through a garlic press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice* See the notes
- salt, pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add ½ teaspoon of salt, cauliflower florets and frozen corn. Cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.* (See the notes)
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine yogurt, dill, garlic, salt and pepper to a taste. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a large bowl add cauliflower, corn, cucumber, radishes, drizzle with the yogurt dressing and mix to combine.