Vibrant, healthy, and delicious Creamy Cauliflower Salad With Cucumber And Corn is going to be on repeat this summer. So easy to make. You'll love the creamy and herby sauce. The best part - it's mayo and oil-free.
Healthy Cauliflower Salad Recipe
You guys, I'm so excited about this recipe. It's probably my new favorite thing lately, because:
- cauliflower - hello good for you cruciferous vegetable;
- radishes and cucumber - more crunchy and healthy stuff everyone loves;
- creamy Tzatziki sauce that is healthier than ever;
- the best part - no oil or mayo is used, which makes this salad low-fat and super delicious.
This is one of the best vegan cauliflower recipes and you'll see why.
How to prepare cauliflower for salad.
Method #1. Roasting low and slow.
Well, not particularly slow, but you'll only need 20 or 25 minutes to get cauliflower to the right level of crunch. But you have to keep the temperature on the lower side, 350 F I would say, to keep it from drying out.
When roasting cauliflower you can use olive oil if you want, but lately, my new favorite way to roast veggies has been to simply drizzle them with lemon juice. Just cut the cauliflower into small even size florets, place in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and pop into the oven.
When you cook cauliflower according to this method, you'll end up with perfectly crunchy and lemony-flavored florets. So delicious!
Method #2. Boling.
This is the fastest method and you'll only need about 10 minutes.
Again, cut the cauliflower into small florets and place it in a pot with salted boiling water. Cook for 3-5 minutes and drain.
Although the second method yields faster results, I personally love roasted cauliflower with a lemony flavor. It compliments the sauce and adds even more freshness to the salad.
Simple and easy Cauliflower salad is all about that creamy, crunchy, and delicious bite without unnecessary calories, which means you can have the whole thing to yourself:)
This healthy salad features familiar fresh ingredients like cauliflower, radishes, corn, and cucumber, but also some unexpected ones, like Cashew Yogurt.
Lately, I've been obsessed with it and along with simply having it for breakfast, I love incorporating it into a variety of dressings.
Note: If you're not a fan of dairy-free yogurts, you can certainly use classic Greek Yogurt and you won't even feel the difference.
This beautiful salad keeps well in a fridge, so you could make it in the morning and take it with you on a picnic a few hours later.
More Summer Salad Ideas to try
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate it. I always appreciate the feedback. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Salad With Cucumbers And Corn
- 2 ½ c cauliflower head cut into small florets
- 1 c radishes thinly sliced
- 1 c cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 c frozen corn
- 5 oz Cashew yogurt* See the notes
- 2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic pushed through a garlic press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice* See the notes
- salt, pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add ½ teaspoon of salt, cauliflower florets and frozen corn. Cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.* (See the notes)
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine yogurt, dill, garlic, salt and pepper to a taste. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a large bowl add cauliflower, corn, cucumber, radishes, drizzle with the yogurt dressing and mix to combine.
Does it refrigerate well as a make ahead side dish?
Hi Melissa! Yes, this salad will keep fresh in a fridge for about a day. If you're thinking to store it longer than that, I would recommend to store vegetables and dressing separately and mixing everything together right before serving. Hope this helps!
Claudia Lamascolo says
Such perfect timing with all these graduation parties and holidays for summer. I just love new salad ideas and this one sounds like a winner for all. We love cauliflower and everything in this compliments it!
Thank you Claudia!
Shihoko Ura says
The best ever salad we had so far. Great for summer. Thank you so much for the delicious recipe.
What a beautiful salad. I love anything with cucumber.
So glad you gave two options to making this! I'm going to try the roasted way!
Patty at Spoonabilities says
The combo of fresh cauliflower, radishes and cucumber with the creamy Tzatziki sauce -- I LOVE TZATZIKI SAUCE! - sounds so delicious!
Taylor Kiser says
This is the perfect summer salad! Love that it's mayo free!
A kind of salad I would love to have through the hot sultry summers here.
Thank you! It's so refreshing!