This healthy and delicious Brussels Sprouts Pasta In A Vegan Alfredo Sauce will help you stick to your New Year's resolution without sacrificing the taste.
Brussels Sprouts Pasta In A Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Hi there and Happy Friday! How is your New Year's healthy eating resolution going so far? I hope you have one. And if not, there is always a right time to start eating healthier and better for you dishes.
Let me tell you a bit about my diet. It is called 80/20 meaning that 80 % of the time I eat healthy and 20 % I indulge. But to be honest, lately, I've been indulging a little more than 20 %. And that is ok. As long as I continue squeezing in wholesome meal between those
not healthy treats, I don't worry much.
Speaking of healthy, don't you just love when your food is delicious and is good for you? Well, today's recipe is a win-win situation. Recently I've made Brussels Sprouts Pasta in a Vegan Alfredo Sauce. It was super yummy, creamy, flavorful and healthy. This recipe is exactly what you need to stick to your New Year's resolution.
Since now is a season for Brussels Sprouts, I thought it would be nice to incorporate this leafy vegetable in a pasta recipe. If you've never been a fan of Brussels Sprouts, check out my Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette. The recipe is a game changer and you'll totally fall in love with Brussels Sprouts.
Now, on to the pasta. For this recipe I chose regular wheat spaghetti, but you can sub it with whole wheat spaghetti. Creamy cashew sauce is so good, you will want to make it again for your other pasta recipes. I also added nutritional yeast for an extra protein and cheese flavor. I suggest you don't skip it, because it makes the sauce super rich and yummy.
For Brussels Sprouts
- Place the cashews in a small bowl and soak them in ⅓ cup of almond milk. Leave them for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, remove any outer yellow leaves and cut off brown ends. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, giving a pan an occasional shake every 10 minutes.
- In a separate small baking dish, toast the walnuts for 2 minutes. Let the walnuts slightly cool and give them a rough chop.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of standing blender, combine soaked cashews along with the almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt. Puree until the sauce is very smooth. If needed, add more almond milk until the sauce is of desired consistency.
- Transfer spaghetti to a serving bowl and toss it with Alfredo sauce. If needed, add a few spoonfuls of the pasta cooking water until pasta is nicely coated in a sauce. Add Brussels Sprouts and scatter with chopped walnuts.
I'd love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: