Vegan Granola Recipe With Tahini And Maple Syrup is so easy to make, you’ll never go back to store-bought granola. This healthy breakfast idea is Oil-free, Gluten-Free and so yummy!
Vegan Granola Recipe With Tahini And Maple Syrup
I love good breakfast recipes. My recent 3-Minute Healthy Oatmeal has been so popular on Pinterest. It’s simple and delicious.
My today’s Granola is as simple as a bowl of oatmeal but with just a bit of that extra “oomph” to consider it anything but a boring breakfast.
To be precise, it’s not just Vegan Granola, it’s so much more than that.
It’s Granola that doesn’t have oil in it (which is important if you follow a Plant Based Diet), moistened with a wee bit of Tahini and Maple Syrup and flavored with Cacao powder and dried currants.
It’s also that kind of Granola, that you’ll be hooked on from the very first bite.
This Granola is flavorful and delicious, something you would expect from the store-bought granola, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised that you can make it at home.
Why you’ll love making this Vegan Granola Recipe at home
- it’s super easy to make and requires only 5 minutes of hands-on times;
- comes out crispy and crunchy – perfect texture
- it’s loaded with healthy Omega-3s and antioxidants
- you’ll always have a delicious breakfast ready
- you’ll save money by making it at home
How healthy is Homemade Granola?
One biggest reason why homemade Granola is healthier than store-bought one is that you know exactly what ingredients go inside it and you can easily customise Granola ingredients to your own taste.
Store-bought granola is often sweetened with processed sugar or honey (which looses its beneficial properties when heated).
In addition, store-bought granola often contains oil, which is high in calories and fat and not considered a Whole Food ingredient.
How to make Chocolate Granola recipe?
There’s nothing easier than making your own Chocolate Granola. Just follow my simple steps.
Mix dry ingredients
In a large bowl combine your oats, cacao powder, walnuts and dried currants.
For granola, old fashioned rolled oats work best, because they crisp up nicely and will give you bigger clusters.
Note: I haven’t tried making granola with quick oats, but since they are smaller than rolled oats and already pre-cooked, I wouldn’t advice to use them for granola, as it might end up being a bit mushy and not as crunchy.
Mix wet ingredients
In a smaller bowl combine Tahini and Maple syrup. If you fancy, add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract or Almond extract for an extra flavor.
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix everything nicely.
Spread the granola mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 F for 40 minutes stirring halfway through.
Note: I recommend not to store granola or any food in general in plastic containers or bags as plastic tends to leach toxic chemicals into the food.
Should I use Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder to make healthy Granola?
You can use either one however keep in mind that Cacao powder is less processed than Cocoa powder. Plus, it has more antioxidants. So I recommend using Cacao powder for all your baking needs.
What nuts are best for Breakfast Granola?
My favorite choice for Granola is Walnuts and I’ll tell you why.
There’s no denying, all nuts are healthy. Walnuts, in particularly, have the highest concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids that are so important for our cardio-vascular health and for reducing inflammation.
That’s why Walnuts are my number 1 choice for breakfast Granola.
What else can I add to my Vegan Chocolate Granola?
- Chia Seeds, which are also very high in Omega-3s
- Coconut flakes
- Dry blueberries, cherries or cranberries
- Orange peel
- A pinch of cardamom or cinnamon
More easy breakfast recipes you’ll love
Vegan Granola Recipes With Tahini And Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line a large baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, walnuts, dried currants, salt and cacao powder. In another smaller bowl stir together maple syrup and tahini.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix everything nicely.
- Spread the granola mixture out onto a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely and transfer granola to glass containers.
- Store at room temperature.