These Best Hasselback potatoes are the most beautiful potato dish you'll ever make. Cut into a funky accordion shape, this crispy and delicious side dish is sure to delight your family and friends.
Not to brag, but this is seriously one of those vegan potato recipes that you should go and make immediately.
Or at least make it for Sunday family dinner.
Because first of all - you'll get an amazing potato side dish, that is by the way quite healthy. Potatoes come out tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
On top of that, they are cooked in garlic and rosemary-infused olive oil and sprinkled with a touch of Parmesan cheese for extra crispiness. I hope you're already hungry.
Second of all - these potatoes are stinking cute and your family and friends will be delighted by their accordion shape.
Just like my Loaded Baked Potato, these best Hasselback potatoes are actually easy to make.
In fact, the only equipment you need is a pair of chopsticks or two wooden spoons and a knife.
What Are Hasselback Potatoes
Originating from Sweden in 1953 and called Hasselbackspotatis, these are the type of baked potato, where potatoes are thinly sliced halfway into a fancy accordion shape. Simple but so impressive.
Thanks to its unusual shape, this potato side dish is perfect for holidays. Think Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other holiday when you're expecting guests and want to do something special for them.
Whenever I think of a side dish to impress, I immediately think Zucchini And Potato Gratin (if you haven't had a chance to try it yet, do this asap!) and Hasselback Baked Potatoes.
If you know how to make these two recipes, you'll be the master chef in the eyes of your guests.
This time, I went easy on possible additives as I wanted to keep my recipe simpler and healthier.
I'm giving you a basic yet self-sufficient recipe. But if you feel like you want to get some extra calories in (there's nothing wrong with occasional comfort food), go ahead and add some bacon, cheddar cheese, and/or drizzle with some dressing. These Easy Hasselback Potatoes will never disappoint.
What to serve with Hasselback Potatoes
As with any potato side dish, these pair well with meat or vegetarian recipes. Here are some suggestions to keep you inspired for your next meal:
If you make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate it. I always appreciate the feedback. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Best Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a small sauce pan heat the olive oil. Add garlic and remove from the heat. Let garlic infuse the olive oil for 15 minutes. Strain the oil and discard the garlic. Add rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons and make slices, about ⅛ inch thick stopping the knife when it reaches the spoon and making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Place sliced potatoes on a large baking tray. Generously brush each potato with garlic infused olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with olive oil once again. Bake for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. (Insert a sharp knife in the thickest part of potato and knife should go through without resistance).
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.