Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta is all time favorite appetizer in my house. It’s fresh, vibrant and extremely flavorful.
Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
I love appetizers. In fact, when going to a restaurant, I prefer ordering many different appetizers rather than one main course. And I get to taste a lot of great dishes in bite size.
Couple of weeks ago we had a small housewarming party and beside regular grilling recipes, I wanted to impress my guests with something new. Since bruschetta was one of the appetizers that I wanted to make for a while, I decided to give it a try.
And that was a right choice, because my bruschetta absolutely hit the spot and I received a couple of compliments.
The preparation is quite simple, but the results are exquisite. Crispy bruschetta, flavored with aromatic garlic, and in a combination with creamy goat cheese and tangy marinated tomatoes, create that perfect little bite that you just keep craving.
One thing is for sure, – you and your guests will be delighted with the taste of this easy appetizer and the recipe will make its way to your cook book.
- 7 Roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced + 1 clove for rubbing the baguette
- 1 french baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pack goat cheese (4 oz)
- Salt, pepper
- Immerse tomatoes in a boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove from the water and let them cool. Gently peel off the skin, remove the cores and squeeze out the seeds. Finely chop the tomatoes, place them in a medium bowl, add minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside to marinate for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Cut the baguette into diagonal ½ slices. Brush one side of each slice with olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on a backing sheet on the top rack in the oven. Let them toast for about 5 min until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 1 minute. While it's still warm, take a garlic clove and rub it over oiled side of the toast.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese over baguette slice, and top it with a tomato mixture.
- Serve warm!
Next time when you have a party or just want to spoil yourself with something delicious, try my Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta and let me know how you liked it.