This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyHolidayEats #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. How are you preparing to make it special?
I don’t know about you, but in our household Thanksgiving is always a big deal. I’m usually the person responsible for food and my husband gets the house set for the arrival of guests.
Me and my husband consider ourselves good hosts. We love having friends over and share some delicious food with them. If you come into our house, one thing that is always on our party table are appetizers. Expect to see a lot of them, since they are great party starters. When it comes to holiday entertaining, one thing I know for sure – you’ve got to have a variety of appetizers to set your guests into a party mood.
I love experimenting with different appetizer recipes, making simple and scrumptious bites to tease those taste buds.
While on my recent grocery run to Walmart, I picked up a jar of Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread and made an easy and tasty appetizer that surprised me with its simplicity and it was gobbled right up. I’m talking about Crostini With Brie And Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread.What makes it unique – is a combination of savory and tangy Brie cheese with sweet fruit spread. The ingredients perfectly balance each other creating a delicious and Thanksgiving-worthy appetizer.
This recipe takes under 10 minutes to pull together and I recommend you make a big batch of these crostini because boy, do they go fast.
I found Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads to be a great choice for easy holiday entertaining. They are naturally sweetened with honey and you can add them to your favorite holiday dishes. There are different varieties for every taste, like Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Triple Berry Fruit Spread, Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread, Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread and Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Concord Grape Fruit Spread.
What is your favorite and easy appetizer for Thanksgiving?
- 1 French demi-baguette
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 jar of Smucker's Fruit & Honey Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread
- olive oil
- mint (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Slice French baguette into ¼ inch thick slices. Lightly brush them with olive oil and toast on a baking sheet for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and place a thin slice of Brie on top of each baguette and put back into the oven for another 2 minutes or until the cheese slightly melts. Don't overbake.
- Remove from the oven and let crostini to cool slightly.
- Top each crostini with a teaspoon of Smucker's Fruit & Honey Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread and garnish with mint sprig.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: