Hello friends! I’m so glad you stopped by!
I’m Iryna and my little blog will be your main source of inspiration for the most delicious European recipes that can be easily prepared at home.
Imagine making a romantic French-inspired dinner for your husband or hosting a relaxing Scandinavian Hygge holiday party for your family and friends. Whatever your goals might be, I got you covered with true and tried European recipes that are sure to make any occasion – special.
I was born and raised in Ukraine, a beautiful country, where food is made with heart and where everyone cooks from scratch. Popular Ukrainian soup – Borsch, was on our table several times a week.
From the early age, I started to embrace good food, traditions, the art of eating slowly and enjoying a good conversation over the meal!
I still carry these values and hoping to pass them on to my children. I cook with love and many of my family’s favorite recipes you can find on my blog.
When I was in graduate school, my parents took me on a short trip to Poland. Since it was my first foreign trip, I was absolutely stunned in a good way. I fell in love with Europe, its deep history, breathtaking architecture and of course food. Since that time, I visited many more European countries and it just contributed to my passion for mouthwatering European meals and the traditions that surround the food.
I moved to the US in my mid-20s. Soon after, I got married and had our first daughter. Life has been an adventure and ever since my move, we lived in Illinois, Indiana until we landed in Connecticut. Now, we’re a family of 4 and my little ones keep me busy the whole time.
We are very active family. We love being outdoors as much as possible. Even if it’s cold or raining, we could still be found roaming the nearby trails and enjoying the serenity of the woods.
Random facts about me
- The best food I’ve ever had would probably be Truffle Soup that I tried in a cozy little restaurant on French Riviera.
- I love reading. Remarque and Agatha Christie are one of my favourite authors of all times.
- Growing up I wanted to work on a stock exchange, I received a degree in International Economy and ended up working in Agriculture business.
- I love to learn about American history and cannot get enough of New England charm.
- I can fluently speak Ukrainian and Russian. I am also familiar with German and Spanish languages.
- Travelling across the Europe is my passion. I’ve been to many beautiful countries, but my favorite ones are France, Norway, Slovenia and Austria.
About Lavender & Macarons
I started this blog because I recognised the need to create a resource with the most popular and famous recipes that represent not just one particular country or region, but Europe as a whole. During my travels, I’ve tried many unique and delicious dishes which I excitedly share with you on this blog.
I’ve always had a passion for cooking, but it was not until after I met my husband, when my cooking skills really started to evolve. Now he and my two little ones are the main critiques of my recipes.
What you can expect to see on my blog
- Family’s favorite traditional Russian and Ukrainian recipes
- French dinner recipes and timeless French desserts that are crazy popular on Pinterest
- Popular European street-food recipes, sure to please everyone
- Sophisticated Scandinavian recipes that are actually easy to make
- My personal delicious twists on classic recipes
I don’t know all European recipes, but I’ve got lots of cookbooks and magazines which give me a constant source of inspiration. I hope you’ll join me on this journey as I continue to explore and share my knowledge with you.
Thank you for reading my blog and leaving your lovely comments! If you have any questions, leave me a comment below or drop me a line at email@example.com.
Since I started Lavender & Macarons, my recipes have been featured in a variety of popular online magazines and resources. Some of them are: Buzzfeed, The Kitchn, Parade Magazine, PureWow, Greatist.
Here are my recent features:
The Kitchn – French Mustard Chicken Recipe
Parade Community Table – 40 Family-Friendly One Pot Meals
Parade Community Table – 20 Hearty Vegetarian And Vegan Casseroles
Parade Community Table – 20 Must-Try Cheesy Recipes
Bob’s Red Mill – Eggplant Tart With Tomatoes And Goat Chees
American Express Essentials – 11 Cheesy Classics Done Better
I also served as contributor to SoFabFood.
You can find my recipes RIGHT HERE.