These Quinoa Patties with Zucchini and Feta Cheese make the perfect meatless meal that is full of healthy goodness.
Quinoa Patties With Zucchini And Feta Cheese
Last week, after lots of meaty meals have been eaten, I decided that it’s time to switch to some vegetarian dishes and try new healthy recipes. The new grocery shopping was not until next week, but I had some leftovers in my fridge that I needed to transform into a delicious meal. That’s when I stumbled upon a quinoa patties recipe, a perfect way to accommodate my available at that time ingredients.
That being said, my husband is not a huge fan of quinoa. Since he usually has his lunch at work, he doesn’t eat much of a quinoa dishes that I usually cook during the day for me and my daughter. This time however, when I made quinoa patties, he absolutely loved them. The recipe is a unique combo of ingredients that everyone loves and simply can’t say “no” to.
If you’ve never tried quinoa before, now is the right time to try it. It’s one of those super grains you should be eating as often as possible. And I’m not exaggerating. Just take a look at these 27 Science-Backed Health Benefits Of Quinoa and hurry up to the grocery to stock up on it.
I think that one ingredient that makes these quinoa patties extra special is cheese. I’m a big fan of Feta cheese. I love incorporating it in a variety of my dishes, like in this Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe With Balsamic Vinaigrette. By adding Feta to this recipe, you’re making patties extra delicate and creamy.
If you don’t like Feta, you can definitely substitute with other cheeses. Goat Cheese, Parmesan or Gruyere would work great as well. Or you can even take a mix of different cheeses. If you are like me who loves cheese, you know, you can’t spoil the dish with some extra cheese, right?
Zucchini is another key ingredient in this recipe. By adding this delicious vegetable, you’re enriching these quinoa patties with vitamins, making them a great balanced meal for the whole family.
When you shred a zucchini, make sure to drain as much liquid out of them as possible. Otherwise, it won’t be as easy to form the patties.
- 6 oz uncooked quinoa
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 baby dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt, pepper
- Combine quinoa with 1.5 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, dredge the liquid out of shredded zucchini.
- In a big bowl, combine cooked quinoa, zucchini, cheese, garlic, dill, sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form the mixture into small patties. If they start to fall apart, add more breadcrumbs, one tablespoon at a time.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let them cool.
- Combine all ingredients and serve!
Useful Resources on Quinoa:
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.