Recently, I’ve been indulging in all kinds of various and delicious meals. My parents came over from Ukraine for a visit and my mom feeds me with the simple but oh so delicious food that I forgot they even exist. Some time ago, she made an unbelievably mouthwatering Pear Gorgonzola Salad with Caramelized Pecans. It’s a healthy, packed with flavors meal that is anything but ordinary.
Pear Gorgonzola Salad With Caramelized Pecans
The dish takes a very little time to make. Due to a couple signature ingredients, the salad gets transformed in the perfect union of flavors and textures, that you literally can’t stop eating.
I have to say, I’ve tried salads with blue cheese before. Perhaps, those are my favorite types of salads, since I’m such a cheese junkie. Are you with me here?:)
But for some reason, I rarely make these salads at home. Since my mom has already planned to make it, we chose the most delicious and healthy ingredients and turned a regular blue cheese salad into a salad to remember.
Before I get to the recipe, I want to advise that all of your fresh produce was at room temperature. It’s important. Have you ever been served a right out-of-the-fridge salad? It tastes like a cold grass. No, thanks. I’ve had these in a couple of “restaurants.”
When the lettuce and pear are at a room temperature and when we pour the dressing over, all the flavors meld and marry together and create that perfect warm, crunchy and a little bit of a tangy bite.
For this particular Pear Gorgonzola Salad, I chose one of my favorite types of blue cheese, but it also tastes great with Roquefort cheese or any other blue cheese that you like.
- 3 pears, peeled, core removed and cubed
- 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce, washed, spun dry, torn into pieces
- 1 - 1½ cups Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- handful of caramelized pecans, halved
- small bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper to a taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine torn lettuce leaves, mint, chopped pears, and Gorgonzola cheese. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Divide the salad among 4-6 plates and garnish with caramelized pecans.
I hope you’ll enjoy this Pear Gorgonzola Salad as much as my family did.
Speaking for myself, one thing I know for sure, I’m definitely gonna be making this salad over and over again.