Bursting with flavor, juicy, hearty and comforting, this One Pan Spanish Chicken And Rice makes a delicious one pot recipe for the whole family.
PIN THIS RECIPE NOW!
Spanish Chicken And Rice (Best Arroz Con Pollo Recipe)
Despite that I’ve blogging for several years now, I’ve come to realisation that Gazpacho soup was the only Spanish recipe that I ever shared with you. It’s a traditional Spanish recipe I made in the very beginning of my blogging journey, shot with just my Iphone in the middle of a very sunny day. Not too attractive, but so good, I definitely need to reshoot it for you one day.
I visited Spain in the middle of 2000s and fell in love with this beautiful country instantly. In spite of Barcelona was the only place that I’ve been too, I was totally mesmerised by its rich cultural heritage and breathtaking beauty. Every street, every corner of Barcelona can tell its unique story.
Probably one of the most beautiful things that I’ve ever seen was architectural design by Gaudí. His unusual and distinctive works are scattered all across the city.
We loved touring the same streets of Barcelona in the day and nightlight. The beauty of Gaudí design becomes even more prominent at night.
Spain is a famous place for its gastronomical delights. Think Gazpacho, Paella, Tapas, Crema Catalana.
While in Barcelona, we were lucky to try a few of those dishes. Were absolutely blown away by the combination of ingredients they use and incredible flavor of everything that we ordered.
Up to this day, Gazpacho remains one of my favorite soups for a hot weather. And Paella is a pure comfort food.
My husband haven’t been to Spain yet, but when I keep telling him stories of my international journeys, I can definitely see his interest. Despite that now, with 2 young kids, it’s quite difficult to travel on a long distances, I hope that one day, I’ll be able to come back to Spain and explore even more of its beauty and cuisine.
Friends, today, I’m sharing with you a Spanish Chicken And Rice or Arroz con Pollo. The recipe is somewhat similar to Paella. It has everything to delight your taste buds and turn a regular supper into a Spanish-inspired family meal.
More and more I’m starting to love one pot recipes. When I cook, I never really pay attention to how many pans and pots I use. Surely, I think of that when it’s time to do dishes.
So, when a recipe like this is on the menu, it makes my heart happy knowing that more food is on the table and less dishes to clean. Win-win situation!
As with many of my recipes that require some oven time, I’m using my favorite oven-proof Le Creuset Braiser. It’s big enough to make a dinner for the family of 6 and is so versatile. You can use it for cooking so many types of recipes.
Have you been to Spain before? What did you like most about the country?
Friends, if you love this recipe and want to get more European-inspired dinner ideas straight to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter down below and receive a FREE E-COOKBOOK of the most comforting European recipes.
Also, If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons.
- 6 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño pepper, finely choped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoons saffron
- a handful of green and black olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- a handful of parsley
- Preheat the oven 355 F.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ of pepper on each side.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large Dutch Oven pan on a medium heat.
- Cook chicken on both sides for 7 minutes until skin is crispy and brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and wipe the pan.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and saute onion, garlic and both peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add paprika and rice and cook stirring until well coated.
- Add white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in saffron, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, remaining salt and pepper, chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken on top of rice, cover a pan with an ovenproof lid or aluminium foil and braise in the oven for 30-40 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, stir in olives.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately!
You’ll Also Love This