This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFreeGoodness #CollectiveBias
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Happy Friday my dear friend! Are you excited for the end of the week as much as I am? I’m sure you’ve had a busy one.
As for me, I’ve been pretty occupied lately. Actually, it’s not just lately, but I don’t even remember the time when I wasn’t busy. After my second daughter was born, I’m literally on the go all day. Whenever I’m not chasing my preschooler and infant, you can find me cooking, cleaning the house or writing posts for my blog. In the moments like these, I absolutely need to have a quick snack on hand that’s delicious yet keeps me and my kids full.
For this purpose I like to keep a few non-dairy treats in my fridge. My latest obsession – Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. It is unbelievably smooth and creamy non-dairy treat and is perfect as everyday yogurt alternative. I love that it is verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program and doesn’t contain high-fructose corn syrup.
On top of it, it’s protein-packed and so delicious, you won’t be able to tell it’s dairy-free.
Now, what if I tell you, that besides having Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative as your midday snack, you can also make a dessert using this delicious product? In fact, I’m talking about a No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. Yep, you’ve heard me. No need to turn on the oven. Are you excited yet? I hope so! I promise, you will love this easy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake.
First things first. You need to stock up on the ingredients. Head over to your local Walmart store and buy Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. For this recipe I used Strawberry Flavor, but any other flavor will work just as good. Make sure to check out other Silk products.
You’ll also need a coconut milk, coconut oil, crunchy cookies for crust and fresh ripe strawberries.
This No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is so easy to make. In fact, you need no more than 15 minutes to prepare crust and filling. It will take another 30-40 minutes to set it in a fridge. And very soon you can enjoy one of the easiest and creamiest no-bake desserts.
When you make a cheesecake filling, make sure your ingredients are at a room temperature. It’s important! Otherwise gelatin will not dissolve.
- 150 grams (5.5 ounces) crispy chocolate cookies
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight or at least 3-4 hours)
- ½ can coconut milk, at a room temperature!
- 5.3 ounces Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Strawberry Flavor, at a room temperature!
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup, at a room temperature!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 7-8 strawberries, hulled and halved plus 7-8 whole strawberries, hulled
- 4-5 whole strawberries for garnish
- 4 tablespoons shaved chocolate
- Pulse cookies in a bowl of food processor until finely ground. Add coconut oil, lemon juice and maple syrup and pulse again until well combined.
- Press cookie mixture firmly into the parchment lined bottom of a 6" springform pan.
- Place in a freezer to set while you prepare a filling.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 4 tablespoons of coconut milk until warm but not hot. Remove from the heat and add gelatin stirring constantly until completely dissolved. Cool the mixture until room temperature.
- In a bowl of food processor, add drained cashews, remaining coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Strawberry Flavor. Process until mixture is very smooth and creamy. Transfer a mixture into a bowl and slowly add dissolved gelatin and stir until it's completely dissolved.
- Remove cookie crust from the freezer and line the boarders of a springform pan with plastique wrap. Place halved strawberries along the boarders of a pan. Place the remaining 7 or 8 whole strawberries in the middle of the pan until it's filled out with strawberries.
- Carefully pour the cashew cream filling over the strawberries and even out the top. Refrigerate for 30 minuets or until set.
- Once set, carefully remove cheesecake from springform pan and remove plastique wrap.
- Garnish cheesecake with shaved chocolate and strawberries.
I hope you’re drooling and planning to make this easy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake really soon.
I’m curious to know if you’ve ever made recipes using Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative? If you need more #DairyFreeGoodness inspiration, you can always visit this link.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. I’d love to see your creations.
I’d love to connect with you on social media. Follow me on: